What is the best Infant Food?
Up to six months experts advice to give only breastfeed to babies .Breastfeed should be given for more than one years and it is best to give it for more than two years. After six months babies should be given food from outside because mother’s milk may not fulfill the requirements of growing baby. Baby requires a balanced food for proper growth and development in the initial months of birth and you can easily make many types of baby food at home by combining fruits and vegetables with wholegrain.
Some of the tips you need to follow to prepare baby food is given below –
- Babies can be given puree of fruits and vegetables without added sugar, salt or fat.
- One of the easiest foods for babies is mashed banana which does not need to be precooked.
- Applesauce is another easy to prepare homemade baby food in which you can simply boil the apple and mash it properly and give it to the babies without added salt or sugar.
- Fresh vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, peas, and beans are some foods which can be boiled and mashed and given to baby. You can make it in a puree form to ensure easy swallowing.
- For the babies above the age of 8 to 11 months, you need to prepare food which can be easy for her to swallow as she moves her tongue from side to side.
- When the baby’s teeth grow she may need additional calcium which is provided by the milk and the food. When the teeth grow the baby may bit her finger or chew toys or things around her.
Precautions to prepare baby food
- Clean your hands with soap before preparing baby food and dry it with a clean towel.
- Rinse baby utensils in hot water. It is advised to use metal (Steel) utensils instead of plastic because plastic when comes in contact with hot food may react dangerously.
- The vegetables should be peeled and removed the seeds before giving it to the baby.
- Always mash the food well to ensure there is no hard part of fruit or vegetables left in the food which is to be given to babies.
- Babies may find it difficult to take food high in fiber and therefore, it is advised to ensure the food contains a low quantity of fiber.
- Mashed bread, potatoes and cheese can be given to babies. Avoid spicy and greasy food.
- Avoid food having high content of coloring agents and chemical preservatives.
- If babies are not taking milk properly try to feed milk products such as yoghurt, or prepare food such as bread mixed with milk or rice with milk.
- Nestle is a leading provider of baby food and online store of Anything Indian offers a range of baby food (Vegetarian) specially made in Indian style which can be ordered online.
- Readymade baby food is easy option for working moms although you need to be careful while preparing the food.
Some products of Nestle are offered at online store of Anything Indian